Morris L. Scherlis, MD, DAAPM
Dr. Scherlis is double board-certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Management and specializes in interventional spine procedures. He focuses on providing nonsurgical pain relief for patients with persistent low back and neck pain, pre and post-surgical pain, peripheral neuropathy, discogenic and radicular pain as well as pain associated with shingles and cancer. Dr. Scherlis provides the latest in advanced injection and ablation therapy .
Dr. Scherlis completed a Fellowship in Interventional Spine at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center in Lubbock where he served as Chief Fellow. He completed his residency at the University of Maryland in Shock-Trauma Anesthesiology after completing his Medical Degree at the University of Maryland School of Medicine in Baltimore.
He is dedicated to the advancement of pain management and anesthesiology and serves as the Lead Investigator in several research protocols.
- Anesthesiology & Pain Medicine
- Anesthesiology & Pain Management – American Board of Anesthesiology
- Interventional Spine – Chief Fellow
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center – Lubbock Texas
- University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore
- University of Maryland Baltimore County – Catonsville, Maryland
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- International Spine Injection Society
- International Association for the Study of Pain
- Huntsville Hospital
- Crestwood Medical Center
- Madison Surgery Center
- Huntsville Hospital Physician Leadership Committee
- President – Tennessee Valley Pain Consultants