Non-Surgical Spine & Pain Management
Thomas J. Kraus, DO, MBA, DAAPM
Anesthesiology & Pain Medicine
Anesthesiology & Pain Management
American Board of Anesthesiology
Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Pain Management, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Chief Fellow
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
Dr. Kraus is double board-certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Management specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of common spinal, nerve and musculoskeletal disorders including pre-and post-surgical pain, discogenic, radicular pain and shingles.
With more than 20 years experience, Dr. Kraus provides the latest in interventional spine procedures including epidural steroid injections for the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine, caudal epidural injections, facet and sacroiliac joint injections, medical branch blocks, radiofrequency ablation and spinal cord stimulator implantation.
Dr. Kraus received his Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from Ohio University in 1987 and went on to complete a degree in Bio-Medical Engineering at Purdue University. He then completed his Anesthesiology Residency and Pain Management Fellowship at Cleveland Clinic Foundation where he served as Chief Pain Fellow prior to moving to Huntsville in 1994. Most recently, Dr. Kraus completed a Masters in Business Administration at the University of Notre Dame.
Dr. Kraus rejoins our practice where he previously served as Medical Director and as Vice Chairman of the Department of Anesthesia at Huntsville Hospital Center for Pain Management from 1994-2001.
Areas of Expertise
- Diagnosis & non-surgical treatment of the cervical, thoracic & lumbar spine
- Epidural steroid injections – cervical & lumbar
- Facet joint injections – cervical & lumbar
- Nerve blocks – diagnostic & therapeutic
- Radiofrequency ablation – cervical & lumbar
- Hip, shoulder and knee injections
- Sacroiliac (SI) joint injections
- Sympathetic and stellate ganglion blocks
- Occipital nerve blocks
- Shingles and Diabetic nerve blocks
- Pre and Post-surgical pain
- Cancer pain
- Neuoromodulation / Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Huntsville Hospital
- Crestwood Hospital
- Madison Surgery Center